Who Can Access The Programme?
- In the private sector
- Willing to promote the SFW Programme
- With employees who need to improve their core skills
- With a need to upskill their existing workforce
- Over 16 years of age and not in full-time second level education
- In part-time or full time employment
- With work skill needs
- With few, out-dated or no educational qualifications
- Willing to take part on a voluntary basis
- Have a desire to improve
- Have their employer’s support
What the programme involves?
- A Skills for Work (SFW) project may include a variety of subjects which support the educational needs of the employee
- The programme is offered on company premises where possible, the local ETB Adult Education Centre, or an alternative convenient location
- A SFW programme is designed and delivered in a flexible and adaptable way to meet the needs of the employer and the employee
- Programmes are of 35 hours duration
- Sessions are usually 2 – 3 hours long and can be arranged for mornings, afternoons or evenings
- Participants may be released from work to participate in SFW programmes
- Most offer free nationally recognised certification
- There are no tuition fees.
How can a QQI qualification benefit you?
Completing a SFW programme may help you to advance within your job , gain promotion and increase your earning ability or change job should you need to.
How can a QQI qualification benefit your employees?
Make the best of the potential, people resources within the company.